Wednesday, June 21, 2017

From My Better Blog



For irrelevant reasons, I've recently re-read a series of posts I wrote several years ago on "Surgeonsblog," wherein I tried to describe, in as much detail as possible, what goes on in an operation. Some of it is pretty good stuff, and, based on comments, it was entertaining and informative. There was a time when I could be that way.

So, shamelessly, to those who have more time on their hands than they know what to do with, and who may not yet have discovered the pleasures of a surgery blog written for laypeople, I recommend reading it.

It starts here. You need to scroll past the comments at the end to get to "newer post" on which to click to get to the next one. There are nine of them; be warned. Also, being old, most of the links no longer work, but it doesn't matter all that much.

[Image source]

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dr. Sid,

    I have read some of those stories before and
    then bought your book.
    Reading that, it seems like the "prequel"of the blog.
    So, when you collect all those blog posts, don't you have a second book?

    Rob Dorst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably so. I've thought about it. At this point, though, there's lots of inertia to overcome.

    Initially the blog was a way to publicize the book. Before the blog I was leaving comments on other medical and surgical blogs and linking to it. Then one of the bloggers pointed out the assholery of what I was doing and said, Get your own fking blog. So I did. And then it took a life of its own and became more fun (and more read) than the book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts