Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mirror, Mirror



It's a tough call to say which are the most outrageous things said about President Barack Hussein Obama, but certainly in the top ten is the claim that he's the most divisive president ever. To say so is to ignore virtually all of his speeches, to be unable to hear what he's saying; and, most importantly, to pretend the divisions in this country since his election have nothing to do with how people on the other side have talked about him.

So Glenn Beck is having a sad, all of a sudden, because it seems he's had a moment of self-reflection; an event nearly unknown among those with whom he ilks.

"I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language," he told Kelly. "I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart and it's not who we are."  
"I didn't realize how really fragile the people were, I kind of thought we were a little more in it together," Beck continued. "Now I look back and I realize if we could've talked about the uniting principles a little more instead of just the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly."
There's no doubt our country has become even more divided than it was when George Bush screwed up everything he touched; but, really, how can it be argued that the president himself had more to do with it than people like Beck and the rest of the RWS™?

[Image source]

Popular posts