Thursday, June 27, 2013

Randy Paul



I believe it's called reaction formation. Rand Paul worries that with the DOMA decision, people will be line up to start marrying animals. I know I would. Posits the libertarian hero, scion of unhingery:

But it is difficult because if we have no laws on this people take it to one extension further. Does it have to be humans?...The stability of the marriage unit is enormous and we should not just say oh we're punting on it, marriage can be anything." 

In addition to ignoring the fact that over half of the marriage units destabilize, I'd just like to add this: you wish, Mr. Paul. You wish.
_________________________________________

[Update: my bad. See, the thing is, when he asked why it had to be humans, he was actually talking about federal marriage laws, and doesn't think we're heading toward polygamy or bestiality. Because when he asked about going beyond human he wasn't asking about going beyond human. Where'd I get that idea? In English class?

What a bullshitter. How any liberals -- and there were some, after he condemned using drones -- can think this guy is a national-level intellect, is beyond me.]


No comments:

Popular posts