Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Big Guy Digs Guns



Well, I may have to rethink my position. Turns out guns are part of god's plan, essential to living the life he requires of us. (Because he screwed up so badly in making mankind so pathetically wanting?) So says a California lawmaker, anyway. And I assume he got the news straight from above. (Well, unless the devil, who stands with the most to gain, made him say it. I'm no theologian, but how ever can we tell?)


“Guns are used an average of 3 million times a year according to the Clinton Justice Department,” Assemblyman Tim Donnelly told the Christian talk radio show The Bottom Line on Wednesday. “That’s like 6,900 times a day. That’s the high end of the statistics, other people say it’s only 200 times a day.” 
“Whatever that number is, they are used to defend human life,” he explained. “They are used to defend our property and our families and our faith and our freedom, and they are absolutely essential to living the way God intended for us to live.”

I particularly appreciate learning that they're being "used to defend human life." Because until now, I thought mass murders, gang violence, drive-bys, suicides, kids accidently killing themselves with Dad's gun, dads accidentally killing their kids with their guns, the killing of innocent bystanders, and idiots like these guys -- not to mention robberies and domestic violence -- were sort of downside kinds of things, and not exactly what I'd call defending human life. But, as I already said, I'm no theologian.

Mystery works in godly ways, I guess. Can I get an amen?

[Image source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts