Tuesday, August 7, 2012

How Much More Obvious Can It Get?


So, after this situation, I wondered how teabaggers would react. I guess now we know (as if we didn't already):
Apparently wanting to steer clear of fancy highbrow academic stuff like research or informed assessments, North Carolina has banned using recent science to guide policy making. House Bill 819, which passed today after the governor let the deadline to stop it slip, restricts all sea-level predictions used for policy-making to be based on "historical data," effectively sending science back to 1900.


It's no joke: under guidance of the crazy wing of the R party, this is where we're headed. In Texas, it's (no exaggeration) coming out against education that causes people to think. In N.C., it's science. In Missouri, it's theocracy sneaking in under claims of religious persecution.

In Congress, it's ignoring history and simple arithmetic when it comes to proposing budgets.

I don't care how much you hate the idea of that black guy in that white house, or how offended you are by same sex couples who love each other, or how many hallucinatory conspiracies have been implanted in your Foxified mind. To hand power to these people is to kiss the country goodbye; of that there can no longer be an atom of doubt. They don't even try to hide it. Worried about terrorism? This is the sort of stuff can actually destroy our country. From within. By unrepentant idiots.

If Obama hasn't fully lived up to everyone's hopes, at least he's been trying, based on reality. The other guys? Their proud ignorance (and undisguised attempts to sabotage the economy as political ploy) ought to embarrass anyone. You simply can't have a desire for a future of America and cast a vote for any of them. And it seems the few commenters here who've occasionally attempted to rationalize it have given up trying. Who can blame them?

8 comments:

  1. Given up Trying?
    can you blame me, I mean them, when you flipantly wield your Stalin-esque pen like ummm Stalin?
    OK, you slipped up when you let my stinging sarcastic support of EICOTUS's non-existant Gun legislation slip under the Kremelin Wall...

    and Strange that you left out a little Data(Dati? Datas?)yourself...
    like that the sloppy Governor of North Carolina is a DemoKKKrat...
    And what is this "Budget" of which you speak? Of course I only follow the Senate(hotter chicks, that Kelly Ayott??? Rrrrow!:)
    Or was it EICOTUS's budget that was defeated 414-0 in the House last March???
    Or that one that did a little better in the Senate, only losing 99-0, Jeezus, Jerry Sandusky has more supporters...
    And funny in your Hall of Rube-States that you left off YOUR state, (that BTW has only 3 Peoples of Color out of 171 Governor/Congressmen/Senators/State Legislators/Surpreme Court)
    Which will join the 47 other States that voted down SSM...
    Which we haven't done in Jaw-Jaw where we save referendums for important stuff, like banning gambling, Sunday alcohol sales, or naming bridges after Herschel Walker...
    And is this just because it was 82 degrees in Seattle the other day? And the freon in your old Kenmore excaped to the Stratosphere in the last Millenium???
    Thats the nice thang about living in the Sunbelt, I mean besides the low taxes, non existant gun laws, Autobahn-esque Interstates,
    When it gets below 85 we brake out the Sweaters...

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the politics behind those budget votes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, do you mean "know" as in "understand"?
    that would be a "Negative, Ghost Rider" which is a quote from THE greatest move of the last 50 years, "Top Gun".
    I'm a details man, Numbers, Graphs, its like in Junior High when the teacher asked me to Diaphragm a Sentence, and I told her I used Rubbers instead...
    WHOA!!!!!
    Umm, so the short answer is NO, I don't understand why not a single member of the House/Senate voted in support of EICOTI's budget.
    So Elucidate me Einstein,
    and please, in plain Ing-les that even Pablo the Pool Guy could Com-pre-henday.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, Frankie, how hard can it be for a guy who looks up stuff about other states' minorities?

    You could read this, or this, or this. (I gave you three to satisfy your OCD. You're welcome.)

    It's like The Rominee's latest ad, which is true other than ignoring all the facts behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm Ok, so you dont' understand it either...
    its like when my daughter asked where babies came from and I hemmed and hawed unlike my dad, who told me to ask my Mom, who being the product of the DDR's excellent pubic schooling gave me a down & dirty presentation Bob Gucci himself would have been proud of..
    and Pablo the Pool guy doesn't have Internet...

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sitting here with my jaw hanging. W O W. WOW!

    Okay, we lived in Indiana for a year when the legislature wanted to proclaim the value of pi by law as being 3 because the Bible allegedly says so, thwarted only by fervent testimony from Purdue profs begging them not to make the state a laughingstock.

    But wow. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so I read your links, and let me see if I got this right..
    DemoKKKrats in the House and Senate, unanimously voted down EICOITUS's budget, cause it was proposed in a bi-partisan manner i.e. by a RepubicKKKlan.
    and it's easy to count the minority State Officials in your State, since even I can count to 3 without taking off my pants...
    and even though my Surpreme Obama care predicto may have been a tad off, I have it on good A-tor-a-tea, that the VP is gonna be Kelly Ayott, trims maybe 5% from the XX vote, which puts even YOUR blue state in play...

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frank, you need to start reading for comprehension.

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts