Thursday, June 17, 2010

Good Gig


I wrote a book once. It took several months, lots of self-editing and revision, and I loved everything about it. Something, therefore, annoys me about the idea of people cashing in on celebrity by sticking their names on ghost-written books, to the tune of millions of dollars.

At least Glenn Beck doesn't pretend he wrote his. Won't keep him from banking the bucks, though, lousy reviews notwithstanding. Sarah Palin clearly doesn't have the staying power or command of her thoughts to have written her book, but she'd like us to believe otherwise. It's made her a multi-millionaire. In a Joe Six-pack sort of way, I guess.

One thing I have in common with Barack Obama: we both wrote our books ourselves. Or should I say Bill Ayers wrote them?


1 comment:

  1. OK Sid, I went to Barnes & Nobels and asked about your book...
    They looked at me like I had suggested we give up Oil for some unknown energy source that we don't even know if it'll work yet...
    And guess what, they had all sorts of Glenn Beck, Sara Palin, right up front, didn't buy any, I'm not really a Book kind of guy.
    and did you actually READ Barak's(Oil beupon Him)book???

    OK, I didn't either, but Mrs. D did get the Audio Version, which contains this Gem:
    "YOU A'INT BY BITCH NIGGA, BUY YO OWN DAMN FRIES?"
    OK, not quite up with "It was the worst of times, it was the best of times" but I guess he really wrote it himself.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts